Alexander Bell invented the telephone in 1876 and ever since then women have been asking these questions, “Why didn’t he call me back?” “Is he ever going to call?” and “Why didn’t he call when he said he would?” If you ask most men they will tell you they have their individual reasons, some are valid and some don’t make any sense at all. Here are some of the most common reasons why he didn’t call.
1. He doesn’t want to seem too eager: I would say this is one of the most common reasons why men don’t call. It is especially true in the early stages of relationships. Maybe he wants to play it cool and not seem too desperate or maybe he wants to give the girl the illusion that he has a life outside of dating. Even the men who aren’t following the old fashioned type of “rules” really are in a way. Men like to be in control and they like to control the chase. If that is the case, he will call, he just has to do it on his terms. Most women think that if he doesn’t call back right away that it means something bad. That is not always true, he’s usually just waiting for the right time.
2. He changed his mind or is seeing someone else: While I hope this is not the case for you, it can happen sometimes. He could just not be that in to you. This is usually true for the early stages of a relationship. He will most likely change his mind if there have been no or very few actual dates. For instance, if you met him in a bar and never heard from him again. He could have sobered up and changed his mind, or worse he could’ve woken up and remembered he has a girlfriend, or a wife, yikes! Remember, if this does happen it’s best not to dwell on it. Do your best to put it behind you and move on.
3. He CAN’T call back: Sometimes there might be an actual reason as to why he isn’t calling back. He could be out fighting ninjas, or closing a new deal, touring with his band or visiting his sick grandmother in the hospital. Whatever the reason may be, he has one, and when he gets done he will call you back. Don’t act like your world revolves around him calling you back. Focus on work, hang out with your girls, do whatever, just keep yourself occupied and he will get back to you in no time. This applies more to people who have been involved for a while and are generally confused as to why he hasn’t called.
Watch this free presentation to learn how to make men Crave You
4. He was drunk when he said he would call and has completely forgotten: Men tend to have a lot on their plates and like to go out to ease the tension with a few drinks. The night he meets you he could have a few more than usual and when he wakes up the next morning he could forget that he said he would call. Don’t stress, if he really does like you he will remember you, it just may take him a few days to sober up and realize.
5. He’s upset: If you have been in a dating relationship with someone for a little while and things suddenly go cold and he stops calling, it could be a sign that he is upset. This doesn’t always mean bad news for the relationship; it could just mean he needs a little time to himself to cool off. Did you say something that you know would upset him, even if you think it’s a little thing? Did you guys have an argument and now you’re waiting for him to call you to make up? He might not even be upset with you about anything specific, he could be getting a bit nervous because things are starting to get serious. If he doesn’t call in situations like these it could be his way of trying to figure things out on his own, before he is ready to approach you and talk about it.
6. He’s trying to figure out how much he likes you: This is for those of you who have been dating for a little while and are most likely getting ready to take things to another level. Not calling at this point in a relationship usually means he is thinking and trying to figure out how much he likes you. I know it’s crazy, but that’s men. When he doesn’t call he is reflecting inwards on how he feels when he doesn’t talk to you all the time, and how not having you readily available makes him feel. If he’s into you, he will miss you and you will hear from him soon.
7. He doesn’t want to feel like he’s on a leash: This reason is the most common for those in long term relationships. Long terms couples, engaged couples and even married couples. He is just being a bit stubborn because he want’s to experience that freedom of being single again every once in a while by not having to check in all the time. Don’t worry, he will start to miss you and will call soon. Worst case, he will get hungry and not know what to do so he has to call.
The Bottom Line
There is an old way of thinking that if he doesn’t call then he’s just not that into you. This is not always the case. Men are simple creatures, and if they aren’t calling you then there is a reason why. Unfortunately most women often jump to conclusions and start to think the worst, don’t be that girl! Why he isn’t calling isn’t always about you. Usually just giving him his space without nagging him about it will help him to remember what a awesome girl you are.
Discover the amazing seven steps to getting the best boyfriend ever, and find that man of your dreams.